Russians began to spend more on online training

MOSCOW, April 3 – RIA Novosti. The coronavirus pandemic made Russians think about their health and fitness: the share of online spending on sports using cards in the first quarter increased compared to the same period last year. This is stated in the study of the bank “Russian Standard” (one of the largest Russian retail banks and acquirers), which is at the disposal of RIA Novosti.

The study examined anonymized data on all online and offline card transactions in the sports segment, which included spending on fitness, online training and applications, purchases in sports stores for the first quarter of 2021 and 2020, as well as for 2020 and 2019 in general. The data were analyzed according to average receipts, turnover, number of transactions and gender. Россияне стали больше тратить на онлайн-тренировки Moscow Today: a metropolis for life

“In the first quarter of 2021, the share of online spending on sports on cards increased. It amounted to 8%, while offline accounted for the remaining 92%, in the same period last year the ratio was 6% to 94%. Thus, it can be noted that The pandemic has become a catalyst for the growth of not only shopping for sports goods on the Internet, but also online training and the development of all kinds of fitness applications for self-study and calorie calculation, “the study said.

At the same time, men more often than women make purchases in the “sports” segment and for large sums. In the first quarter of 2021, they made more purchases than women: men accounted for 57% of all operations in this category, while women accounted for 43%. In the same period last year, the gap was even wider: 59% versus 41%, the same ratio was in 2020 and 2019.

The average bill for one purchase from men is slightly higher than from women – 3,450 rubles against 3,027 rubles in the first quarter of this year. The same trend was observed in 2020 and 2019, when the average amount of one purchase in the “sports” category for men was 3,661 rubles and 3,493 rubles, respectively, and for women, 3,202 rubles and 3,095 rubles. Россияне стали больше тратить на онлайн-тренировки

Author: wedocount

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *