The ministry explained how to avoid disconnecting the Internet from users

MOSCOW, 5 March – RIA Novosti. Home Internet subscribers will not be left without communication, interruptions can affect only a small part of them, said Andrei Kantsurov, director of the department of state policy in the field of communications of the Ministry of Digital Industry.

So he commented on the publication of the RBC portal, which wrote with reference to market participants that operators of fixed wireless Internet access in the coming days will be forced to turn off the signal.

According to RBC, the operators explain the current situation by the expiration of the permission of the State Commission on Radio Frequencies (SCRF) dated March 10, 2011. According to it, companies that received frequencies in the 3.4-3.6 GHz range can use them for ten years. “This issue should have become the hottest at the first meeting of the SCRF this year. But since it has not yet taken place, those who now use the 3.4-3.6 GHz frequencies will have to turn off their transmitters on March 11,” he explained one of the interlocutors of the publication.

He added that the extension of this period was discussed with representatives of the commission last year, but the operators have not yet received permission.

Will not remain without communication

According to Kantsurov, subscribers will not be deprived of their home Internet.

“In the near future, a meeting of the State Commission on Radio Frequencies will be held, at which the issue of extending the decision on the use of radio frequency bands in the 3.5 gigahertz range will be considered,” the press service of the Ministry of Digital Science quotes him.

Kantsurov added that already now telecom operators can use other frequency ranges allocated to them. True, for this they will have to timely change the subscriber equipment (modems). In this case, interruptions in communication may affect only a small number of users (several thousand in different regions).

For example, in the spring of 2012, the Yota operator, when abandoning WiMAX technology and launching an LTE network, took care of its subscribers and replaced modems and routers for free with equipment operating in a different communication standard.

The 5G situation

The issue of allocating frequencies is also complicated by the planned launch of 5G networks in Russia. The frequency range of 3.4-3.8 GHz is called the priority for fifth-generation networks, but now it is occupied not only by Internet operators, but also by law enforcement agencies. As the head of the Ministry of Telecommunications Maksut Shadayev, who also heads the State Committee for Radio Frequencies, said in September, the transfer of this range under 5G is not considered.

His deputy, Oleg Ivanov, said that communications equipment operating in the 3.4-3.8 GHz range for military and other services is indeed very difficult to convert, and in some cases it is impossible. According to Shadayev, it is planned to allocate a range of 4.8-4.9 GHz for 5G.

In addition, cellular operators are testing the 25.25-27.5 GHz range, although, as they claim, it, like the 4.8-4.9 GHz range, can only be used as an additional to the main one.

At the end of December, at the last meeting of 2020, the SCRF instructed New Digital Solutions LLC (a joint venture of Rostelecom and Megafon on 5G) to present a program of measures to release the 24.45-27.5 GHz band for fifth generation networks. The New Digital Solutions should do this in the second quarter. Science

Author: wedocount

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *