In the USA, the family of a woman who drank an antiseptic sues the manufacturer

MOSCOW, 8 Feb – RIA Novosti. The mother of a woman who died in the United States after consuming a sanitizer has sued the sanitizer company for compensation, KSDK reported.

Kayla Stagner, 32, reportedly passed away on May 30, 2020 at a hospital located in the suburbs of St. Louis, Missouri. According to the lawsuit, the woman who had a drinking problem drank several milliliters of Blumen Advanced Instant Sanitizer. After the autopsy, the forensic scientist found that she died as a result of acute methanol poisoning. 80% of those infected with the coronavirus in the Moscow region admitted that they did not wear a mask. On the air of radio Sputnik, doctors expressed their opinion on how effective the means of protection are.

According to the documents, ethanol was indicated in the antiseptic. Instead, the sanitizer contained life-threatening methanol that was not listed on the package. “Testing showed that the hand sanitizer contained lethal levels of methanol … which, if swallowed in sufficient quantities, is fatal,” the lawsuit said.

The Stagner family is demanding compensation in the amount of 75 thousand dollars.

Earlier it was reported that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has published a list of brands of hand sanitizers that pose a potential threat to life and health due to their methyl alcohol content.

Author: wedocount

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *